Wednesday, 30 March 2011

Week 8 - Wednesday night

This week's track set this week was 3 x 1600m with a 400m recovery. I have to laugh at the 400m 'recovery' jog. It's not a recovery in my eyes, because I'm still running. I tried a couple of times to do a sneaky recovery walk instead, but was caught out straight away. After each set we were allowed to stop for a quick drink, so I tried to stall a bit during that. The only problem with that tactic is that the faster runners end up finishing way before me!


I still can't say I'm enjoying Wednesday nights. I wonder who sure who is, really. Some people seem to run around the track smiling. Luckily a lot of my anger has gone, or at least gone into my legs. But I don't think I could manage a smile whilst running!! It's hard enough to start off the night with enough PMA - Positive Mental Attitude as Linford Christie used to say! On the recovery jogs, we run in the opposite direction, so Sarah and I have started high-fiving each other to keep the PMA strong (because needless to say she's well ahead of me!). 


On a good note, I'm now able to walk around the apartment after Wednesday night training. I no longer get blisters. I don't need Dave to be waiter for the night! That's as encouraging as my improved 5km time-trial!


"A happy person is not a person in a certain set of circumstances, but rather a person with a certain set of attitudes."
-- Hugh Downs





http://www.cantoo.org.au/Sponsor-a-Participant.html







No comments:

Post a Comment